There are no handwriting options for this language - SP4/Win10

Anonymous
2016-04-11T00:58:38+00:00

Hello, 

I have a Surface Pro 4 with windows 10 using Australia English. When I download language packs it comes up with "there are no handwriting options for your language" I have the location and date set to Aus but still nothing. I am able to write using the pen pad keyboard but I am unable to correct any letters that the computer doesn't recognize. 

This is the same no matter what language I have it set (English - USA)

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-11T04:10:25+00:00

    this is g problem for me too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-10-12T22:31:35+00:00

    Same issue, please we need a solution!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-13T04:01:42+00:00

    Hi Stefano,

    We suggest you refer to this link for more information about Handwriting Recognition.

    Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-13T07:56:01+00:00

    Hi Stefano,

    We suggest you refer to this link for more information about Handwriting Recognition.

    Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

    Regards.

    How is this link supposed to help any of us?

    There's an issue here and, has stated in your link, this feature is not working for us:

    "You can dynamically add recognizers to the ink services system."

    We simply can't do that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-10-13T16:22:27+00:00

    @Jasmine Car,

    The link is useless, this is a Windows bug, you should report to Windows Developer Team.

    I think, the issue is related to some Windows Update, because two weeks ago it worked well.

    The surface is new, and as software, actually I've installed only office 365 and visual studio 2015.

    Since the surface is new, in this week I've installed lot of Windows updates, even the Anniversary Update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments