There are no handwriting options for this language - SP4/Win10

Anonymous
2016-04-11T00:58:38+00:00

Hello, 

I have a Surface Pro 4 with windows 10 using Australia English. When I download language packs it comes up with "there are no handwriting options for your language" I have the location and date set to Aus but still nothing. I am able to write using the pen pad keyboard but I am unable to correct any letters that the computer doesn't recognize. 

This is the same no matter what language I have it set (English - USA)

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-30T08:45:50+00:00

    Hi Amit, 

    1. How are you trying to download the language pack? Settings - time and language - region language - English (Australia) - Options -
    2. What is the exact message that you see?  Handwriting - There are no handwriting options for this langauge
    3. Are you logged in to Microsoft account? Yes
    4. Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? no

    I'm having the same exact issue but with "Italian" language.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-31T09:26:32+00:00

    i have the same issue and i really start to hate you. it is not acceptable for a device of this price class

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-28T15:41:27+00:00

    I also have this issue, which has emerged after receiving Windows Updates (Insider program) that caused the language packs to be reset.

    I am awaiting Microsoft's response in this thread but do not have high hopes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-29T08:01:40+00:00

    Neither do I as this issue has been reported like at the start of this year... GG MICROSOFT

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-08-10T13:30:00+00:00

    I've seen this with English (Ireland) also. Any update?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments