There are no handwriting options for this language - SP4/Win10

Anonymous
2016-04-11T00:58:38+00:00

Hello, 

I have a Surface Pro 4 with windows 10 using Australia English. When I download language packs it comes up with "there are no handwriting options for your language" I have the location and date set to Aus but still nothing. I am able to write using the pen pad keyboard but I am unable to correct any letters that the computer doesn't recognize. 

This is the same no matter what language I have it set (English - USA)

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-05T23:42:42+00:00

    i have had the same issue, naturally I suspect an update. 

    looks like handwriting recognition is limited to english us after all the updates filter through.

    In the language settings i added english us as  second language, the used english US when writting and english UK when typing. 

    settings , time and language, language

    or when you change the keyboard there will be a short cut to the language settings.

    Once there is More than one language in the preferences you can toggle between languages in the keyboard options.

    cant help those writing in a language other than english, sorry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments