There are no handwriting options for this language - SP4/Win10

Anonymous
2016-04-11T00:58:38+00:00

Hello, 

I have a Surface Pro 4 with windows 10 using Australia English. When I download language packs it comes up with "there are no handwriting options for your language" I have the location and date set to Aus but still nothing. I am able to write using the pen pad keyboard but I am unable to correct any letters that the computer doesn't recognize. 

This is the same no matter what language I have it set (English - USA)

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-11T11:02:36+00:00

    Jasmine Car Please tell me that Microsoft has seriously taken in consideration this issue and it has some plans on roadmap for the fix.

    If you need any report/log or any other info to reproduce the bug, please tell me, I'll do anything I can to help.

    To other users that have the same bug, please cooperate sending your logs.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-03T16:05:46+00:00

    I've recorded all steps with Microsoft Problem Steps Recorder,

    You can see all reports and logs from event viewer here:

    https://1drv.ms/f/s!Av6a1kvwLlQrjcor5WUlfuOVvR8cog

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-03T13:40:26+00:00

    Hello,

    To isolate the issue, can you check what happens when open this executable file?

    C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\ShapeCollector.exe\ShapeCollector.exe

    Please follow these steps to create logs:

    Event Viewer > Application and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows:

    -All-User-Install-Agent (Right Click Save All Events As...)

    -LanguagePackSetup (Right Click Save All Events As...)

    -LiveId (Right Click Save All Events As...)

    Event Viewer > Windows Logs:

    -Application (Right Click Save All Events As...)

    Also, send us a screenshot of what you see in:

    Settings > Time & Language > Additional Date Time & Regional Settings > Add a language > Advanced Settings

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-12-29T10:00:13+00:00

    I get this too the "Screen 1 of 0".

    But I got there via a convoluted method after the screen told me there were no handwriting options.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-10-21T14:19:05+00:00

    Full reset, format, clean install, etc.., are not solutions, there is a bug and Microsoft must solve it.

    The fact the issue is related to a Windows update is only a supposition, but I am sure that the first day that I tried the surfaced I used the "Handwriting Personalization"...

    My surface that I bought recently, in reality is quite old, is one first version of "Surface Pro 4", so the preinstalled Windows 10 build has at least one year.

    @aureyano Maybe your default Windows installation is most recent than mine, and the bug occurs even with a full  reset.

    Another hypothesis, is that the bug occurs after sync the settings with a Microsoft Account.

    However I do not have the time to investigate, it's Microsoft that must solve the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments