There are no handwriting options for this language - SP4/Win10

Anonymous
2016-04-11T00:58:38+00:00

Hello, 

I have a Surface Pro 4 with windows 10 using Australia English. When I download language packs it comes up with "there are no handwriting options for your language" I have the location and date set to Aus but still nothing. I am able to write using the pen pad keyboard but I am unable to correct any letters that the computer doesn't recognize. 

This is the same no matter what language I have it set (English - USA)

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-21T05:29:25+00:00

    Thank you for your response, apologies for delay, I have been on holiday away from my Surface Pro 4.

    I clicked on C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\ShapeCollector.exe

    and here is a screenshot of what popped up on my screen.

    I clicked 'Teach the recognizer your handwriting style'

    I clicked the 'Sentences' link

    I clicked 'Next'

    I then used the stylus to write some stuff...

    I then clicked 'Save' and the following showed up, so I clicked 'Yes'.

    I have set up the event viewer to record the logs as you requested. I assume you'll want them attached at some point?

    Cheers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-21T04:05:27+00:00

    G'day Amit,

    Some answers for you.

    1. Through the usual method - see my previously posted screenshots.
    2. See messages in my sequenced screenshots
    3. Yes, am logged into Microsoft Account
    4. No, it's a standard Surface Pro 4 with all the updates

    Thank you for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-20T14:09:14+00:00

    So sorry, I didn't look at the details carefully and it meant to be for another thread. Sorry about that.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-20T09:44:06+00:00

    Are you talking about handwriting PERSONALIZATION? From what you write it seems to me that you are simply pointing out that we can still use the pen as an input device. But that, as far as I can see, was never in dispute/is not the problem. The problem is that it is not possible anymore to train the device to learn your handwriting because handwriting PERSONALIZATION  does not work. I cant see how any of your 7 steps are helping with this. Do you NOT get "screen 1 of 0" in handwriting personalization?

    (Sorry if I missed something.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-01-20T07:13:45+00:00

    Screen 1 of 0 for English (United States).

    No handwriting option listed for other languages.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments