There are no handwriting options for this language - SP4/Win10

Anonymous
2016-04-11T00:58:38+00:00

Hello, 

I have a Surface Pro 4 with windows 10 using Australia English. When I download language packs it comes up with "there are no handwriting options for your language" I have the location and date set to Aus but still nothing. I am able to write using the pen pad keyboard but I am unable to correct any letters that the computer doesn't recognize. 

This is the same no matter what language I have it set (English - USA)

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-17T06:36:04+00:00

    I can use handwriting for only one language: English (United States). It is the Windows Display Language. However, I can't change the Windows Display Language (tried many different ways).

    No Language Options (including handwriting) for other languages, and no way to download other language packs.

    I suspect the two issues are related, but I've no idea whether the inability to change the Display Language is causing the lack of language options, or the inability to download the language packs (no language options) is preventing the change of Display Language.

    Just realised that this thread is binned under Surface Pro 4. I'm using ASUS Transformer 3 Pro so this is likely a Windows 10 issue rather than a Surface issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-13T06:45:57+00:00

    I have commented on EVERY one of the topics on the feedback hub, EVERY time Windows have updated.

    Please feel free to do the same.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-13T06:31:02+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-12T17:34:27+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-01-11T18:58:06+00:00

    Please to anyone that has the same issue, track useful steps/information necessary to reproduce the issue with Microsoft Problem Steps Recorder and upload all reports.

    Event logs reports and other screenshots also useful.

    I've contacted Microsoft support, they will hear us!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments