How can I update my Surface Book 2 drivers for NVIDIA Geforce GTX1050

Anonymous
2019-06-19T00:59:41+00:00

When I start Adobe Premiere Pro I get this message :

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 v.23.21.13.9140

1.    The current version of your NVIDIA graphics driver may not suitably support CUDA 9.2 and may cause issues for Adobe Premiere Pro. We recommend updating to a newer version for optimal performance and stability. Continuing with an older version of the NVIDIA graphics driver may run in software-only mode and may cause slow playback and other issues that may appear to be a bug.

    URL: https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/premiere-pro/kb/gpu-and-gpu-driver-requirements-for-premiere-pro.html

So I tried to install the latest version of the drivers from NVIDIA but it seems that it can be done only through windows update.

Therefore I cannot use Adobe Premiere Pro because video is not rendered (only one frame some time...)

I have some friends having Dell and the drivers updates are more "up to date".

Will Microsoft soon give us a proper update for this driver ?

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-06-19T07:55:24+00:00

    By the way, when I start "Adobe Premiere Rush", I also get a warning "Adobe Rush requires updated video card drivers for GPU accelerated rendering. Please download and install current drivers for your video card."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-08-10T17:19:20+00:00

    nVidia installer stops installation with "not compatible" alert

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-08-12T15:57:09+00:00

    I've got exactly the same problem, with Adobe Lightroom 6 (perpetual) on the Surface Book 2, 15", 16Gb ram, running Windows 1903 - fully updated.

    NVidia driver randomly stops working, and I need to reboot to get it working again, but if fails again after about 5mins using Lightroom.

    From what I've read elsewhere about the Surface Book 2, there is a significantelectrical problem in that there is not enough voltage to power the GTX 1060 graphics card.  The card is power hungry (obviously) and even when connected to mains power, the battery drains when the GTX 1060 card + NVidia driver is in use - you can check this by checking the % power remaining on the battery whilst plugged in.

    I can only think that the 1903 update of Windows has increased the power drain from Windows, which is exacerbating the power issue, which is causing the crashes to happen more frequently.

    I'm stuck on what to do - I can only think to send the Surface Book 2 back, and purchase a proper laptop.  I don't think Microsoft will be able to fix this issue via a driver or software update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. btbt 11,841 Reputation points
    2019-08-12T20:25:20+00:00

    JamesUK, you have a different problem then the one here. There's a known issue with v1903 and the Surface Book 2 where the NVidia card disconnects during use. This has nothing to do with the drivers issue posted above. Microsoft is working on a fix. See here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903#536msgdesc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-08-12T21:05:46+00:00

    nVidia installer stops installation with "not compatible" alert

    -Same here. This needs to be fixed ASAP. How are we supposed to do creative work if can't use our software because our graphics driver hasn't been updated for like a year!??

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments