not only is there the gpu disconnect/throttle/black screen/black box/bsod issues going on, the drivers are so stale, i doubt they are patched for the critical security issues found in many nvidia products.
How can I update my Surface Book 2 drivers for NVIDIA Geforce GTX1050
When I start Adobe Premiere Pro I get this message :
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 v.23.21.13.9140
1. The current version of your NVIDIA graphics driver may not suitably support CUDA 9.2 and may cause issues for Adobe Premiere Pro. We recommend updating to a newer version for optimal performance and stability. Continuing with an older version of the NVIDIA graphics driver may run in software-only mode and may cause slow playback and other issues that may appear to be a bug.
URL: https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/premiere-pro/kb/gpu-and-gpu-driver-requirements-for-premiere-pro.html
So I tried to install the latest version of the drivers from NVIDIA but it seems that it can be done only through windows update.
Therefore I cannot use Adobe Premiere Pro because video is not rendered (only one frame some time...)
I have some friends having Dell and the drivers updates are more "up to date".
Will Microsoft soon give us a proper update for this driver ?
Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2019-10-10T15:23:44+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-10-09T20:30:57+00:00 Count me in. Need to be fixed. Can someone confirm that MS PG are aware?
-
Anonymous
2019-09-22T00:18:43+00:00 Agree - the whole point in buying the 15" Surface Book, and paying a huge 3k premium, is for the Graphics card and high spec, in order to use Apps like Premier Pro and Lightroom.
Lightroom still crashes whenever I enter into anything mildly NVIDIA GPU related. To workaround this I've had to switch off "Use Graphics Processor" in Lightroom (Edit, Preferences). Although for me this defeats the whole purpose in me purchasing the 15" Surface Book.
It's been way over 4 months and still no resolution. I still suspect the issue could be hardware/power related, and if so I can't see a fix coming. The only positive is that I'm able to play Xbox Games Pass games fine - even high intensive stuff like Forza 4 works ok. That gives me hope that its worth holding out for a fix before I swap the device for something else. Some new good stuff on the market now from other manufactures with equally high spec - and none on this "one graphics card in the screen, one in the keyboard section" business.
-
Anonymous
2019-09-21T21:33:01+00:00 Things like this are covered under ACCC, its hard to justify paying 3K for a laptop and then having a faulty graphic card for over 4 months. Id try retuning it, and getting it replaced. I spoke to the place where i got mine and they were happy to do so
-
Anonymous
2019-09-21T21:30:48+00:00 Ive tried playing around with this but my device still crashes even when plugged into the main, and on best performance...