so there's no escape from BSOD because you can get it with approved drivers and if you are a content creator using creative cloud apps, you have no choice but to install something more current than what's officially offered or else..
How can I update my Surface Book 2 drivers for NVIDIA Geforce GTX1050
When I start Adobe Premiere Pro I get this message :
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 v.23.21.13.9140
1. The current version of your NVIDIA graphics driver may not suitably support CUDA 9.2 and may cause issues for Adobe Premiere Pro. We recommend updating to a newer version for optimal performance and stability. Continuing with an older version of the NVIDIA graphics driver may run in software-only mode and may cause slow playback and other issues that may appear to be a bug.
URL: https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/premiere-pro/kb/gpu-and-gpu-driver-requirements-for-premiere-pro.html
So I tried to install the latest version of the drivers from NVIDIA but it seems that it can be done only through windows update.
Therefore I cannot use Adobe Premiere Pro because video is not rendered (only one frame some time...)
I have some friends having Dell and the drivers updates are more "up to date".
Will Microsoft soon give us a proper update for this driver ?
Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-01-12T21:54:18+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-01-12T21:40:49+00:00 I've been suffering a lot of BSOD of late, like one every other day or so. I decided to do a complete wipe and reinstall. I got a BSOD during the "setting up your computer" phase of the new install and it listed the video timeout as the culprit.
-
Anonymous
2020-01-04T22:03:45+00:00 This right here. Of course I could always install drivers directly from Nvidia and hope that they work, but in my experience, they cause a lot of crashing issues and weird behavior. And honestly, I paid for a working machine, not for a tech-support puzzle. It's just really weird how they can't solve this. They picked the parts, made the machine, they provide the OS, and they insist on delivering the updates through Windows Update. Certainly they should have devs available to support the hardware, or if not, that's just sad.
As there haven't been any answers or solution to this issue from Microsoft, I'm starting the legal route on 14th of January 2020, when most people are back from winter vacation etc. Unless they at least give a solid answer where they are with the issue. At this point, I'm doing this just out of spite, because this is not how you treat paying customers. Especially the ones that bought your "high-end" hardware for professional use.
-
Anonymous
2019-12-25T22:45:26+00:00 I too am very frustrated by this. Why did I purchase a "high end" machine, only to be in this situation ? Dear Microsoft - when do you plan to address this ?
-
Anonymous
2019-12-17T10:41:08+00:00 I feel the same. I purchase this "high end" machine, hoping to have a good "creative tool" but i spend my time trying to solve technical problems. I'm a motion designer and I need a least that the adobe programs runs correctly (I ask too much?). The overall machine works quite well and the touch screen/pen is really good. But if I spent 1000$ more to have the biggest config and a good graphics card but it's almost unused, It's right that is clearly a case of "Product not working as is reasonably assumed to be its normal usage".
I want to have a least a official answers to this issues by Microsoft.