How can I update my Surface Book 2 drivers for NVIDIA Geforce GTX1050

Anonymous
2019-06-19T00:59:41+00:00

When I start Adobe Premiere Pro I get this message :

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 v.23.21.13.9140

1.    The current version of your NVIDIA graphics driver may not suitably support CUDA 9.2 and may cause issues for Adobe Premiere Pro. We recommend updating to a newer version for optimal performance and stability. Continuing with an older version of the NVIDIA graphics driver may run in software-only mode and may cause slow playback and other issues that may appear to be a bug.

    URL: https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/premiere-pro/kb/gpu-and-gpu-driver-requirements-for-premiere-pro.html

So I tried to install the latest version of the drivers from NVIDIA but it seems that it can be done only through windows update.

Therefore I cannot use Adobe Premiere Pro because video is not rendered (only one frame some time...)

I have some friends having Dell and the drivers updates are more "up to date".

Will Microsoft soon give us a proper update for this driver ?

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. btbt 11,841 Reputation points
    2019-08-14T14:12:31+00:00

    The battery draining while the dGPU is in use on the 15" Surface Book 2 is a hardware issue where the power cord simply can't provide enough power to the machine. I think this was an issue with early cords. At least one review of the Surface Book 2 noted that when Microsoft replaced their review unit's power cord, the issue mostly went away.

    https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/16/16658466/microsoft-surface-book-2-review

    I have a 13" SB2 which has a Nvidia 1050 instead so I have no power issues. But I can see how the combination of the power cord issue with the v1903 disconnect issue makes for an extremely frustrating experience.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-08-12T21:28:24+00:00

    Thanks for this response @Entegy, and good to see Microsoft have recognised the NVIDIA dGPU problem with the Surface Book 2.

    I should point out for this thread that my problem with using Adobe Lightroom 6 with Surface Book 2 also occurred before the 1903 update, just at a lesser frequency, and my understanding is that this is power related - my advice is to see how the problem differs when the battery is fully charged AND plugged into mains power - so hopefully this will help some.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. btbt 11,841 Reputation points
    2019-08-12T20:25:20+00:00

    JamesUK, you have a different problem then the one here. There's a known issue with v1903 and the Surface Book 2 where the NVidia card disconnects during use. This has nothing to do with the drivers issue posted above. Microsoft is working on a fix. See here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903#536msgdesc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-06-19T07:55:24+00:00

    By the way, when I start "Adobe Premiere Rush", I also get a warning "Adobe Rush requires updated video card drivers for GPU accelerated rendering. Please download and install current drivers for your video card."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-06-19T07:44:59+00:00

    "Which type of software package do you use ? Is it a bought version, with disk and    full licence (lifetime use) or the newer cloud edition (rent an app) ? There has been some talk that  Adobe is no longer supporting some of the non cloud versions and this may be why you are getting these messages. If that is not the case then move on down below."

    I am using the CC (Cloud version).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments