Camera Problems

Anonymous
2021-01-01T06:31:53+00:00

I am running W10 on a Surface Pro (5th Gen). My Camera's driver is an Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 (30.15063.6.8611 - 12/3/2018) and Device Status: This device is working properly. My problem is my Microsoft Cameras, Front, IR Front and Rear (30.15063.6.8611

  • 12/3/2018), all saying: This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. When trying to load my camera I get the error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached> ~ I've researched online, went thru the tutorials, uninstalled/reinstalled...and still get the same results: error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>...suggestions?
Surface | Surface Pro | Sound and camera

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Barb Bowman 80,820 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-03-12T14:55:47+00:00

    This issue is one of a long list.

    We need to know all of your issues. They could be inter-related. Help us to help
    you by supplying complete details.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-13T05:35:45+00:00

    Barb,

    Thanks for your input...have tried it from the previous page, but am in the process of trying it again with a different Recovery Image, will let you know!

    Thanks again!

    Polo...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T21:02:08+00:00

    ...sorry, tried it a couple of times ~ no luck!

    Polo...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T08:35:37+00:00

    OGT1,

    Nothing new yet.  I've tried everything but a reimage.  Work keeps me from doing that, so far.

    KWells

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T08:48:35+00:00

    I had this exact issue, and tried everything suggested in this community including a complete wipe and re-install on my Suface Pro 6.  Days of effort to no avail

    The solution was found in another thread that I've lost, but I did copy the solution.  Can confirm that it worked 100% and all three cameras are now back operational

    I will paste the solution here below.  Sincere apologies I can't recall who the original poster of the solution was:

    The May 2019 update introduced version 30.15063.6.8611 and the update history in the link you pointed out shows that seven drivers are actually involved in the operation of the three cameras, as follows:

    Camera

    Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500

    System devices

    Microsoft Camera Front

    Microsoft IR Camera Front

    Microsoft Camera Rear

    Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2500

    Intel(R) Control Logic (3 instances)

    Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller

    Therefore, since all the above drivers share the same revision number, I checked what I had in Device Manager and soon found out that my Control Logic drivers were a different version (they were from January 2020 while version 30.15063.6.8611 was released on 3/2/18). I tracked down this issue to an Intel update carried out last weekend by a driver management software I have installed on my system. Therefore, that was the root cause of the problem, resulting in an unmatched set of drivers for the cameras.

    Since I did not have a roll back option, I pulled the Control Logic driver version 30.15063.6.8611 separately from the Microsoft Update Catalog and installed it after I uninstalled and deleted the newer one

    After I restarted, I noticed that the problem was still there.

    Now, I knew that way back, camera drivers were classified and installed under the Sound, video and game controllers section of the Device Manager. Therefore, I downloaded a 2016 version (30.10586.2876.999) of the Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 driver from the Microsoft Update Catalogue. I chose a significantly older driver to make sure Windows notices the difference when I needed it. I uninstalled and deleted version 30.15063.6.8611 and replaced it with version 30.15063.2876.999.

    I restarted and obviously the problem was still there since now I willingly had one driver with an unmatching version. So, I went back in Device Manager and let Windows search and update the driver to version 30.15063.6.8611 off the internet. That did the trick!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments