Camera Problems

Anonymous
2021-01-01T06:31:53+00:00

I am running W10 on a Surface Pro (5th Gen). My Camera's driver is an Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 (30.15063.6.8611 - 12/3/2018) and Device Status: This device is working properly. My problem is my Microsoft Cameras, Front, IR Front and Rear (30.15063.6.8611

  • 12/3/2018), all saying: This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. When trying to load my camera I get the error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached> ~ I've researched online, went thru the tutorials, uninstalled/reinstalled...and still get the same results: error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>...suggestions?
Surface | Surface Pro | Sound and camera

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-01T14:43:42+00:00

    Hi Polopeka,

    Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Community and posting your inquiry.   

    This could be related to a driver issue of the camera. We suggest the steps the following to troubleshoot:

    • Run the Surface Diagnostic Toolkitand check for Windows update.

    • Try resetting the Camera app, go to settings > apps & features > Camera > Advance Options > Reset

    • Toggle on and off the Camera settings on the UEFI settings to refresh the camera hardware. Once you're in the UEFI, go to devices > camera > toggle off then restart > Go back to the camera option on the UEFI settings and toggle on then restart.

    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the Camera app. Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard > Key in PowerShell and hit Enter > Right click on the PowerShell icon on the taskbar and select Run as Administrator > Now paste the following command in the Administrator: Windows PowerShell window and press Enter key:

    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage

    Wait for PowerShell to execute and complete the command. > Reinstall the Camera app, go to Microsoft Store > Search Camera > Install then test and capture a photo.

    Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

    Kind regards,

    John Neil_J

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-01T19:55:24+00:00

    John Neil_J

    Thanks for your reply, I did try most of what you sent already, but repeated it, just to ensure I didn't miss anything. The one that I didn't try, but what I thought most hopeful was 'Uninstalling and reinstalling the Camera app'...that didn't work either :(

    If you (or anyone else) have any other thoughts or suggestions, I am more than willing to give it/them a try!

    I do appreciate your time ~

    Polo...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-01T20:36:54+00:00

    John Neil_J

    Thanks for your reply, I did try most of what you sent already, but repeated it, just to ensure I didn't miss anything. The one that I didn't try, but what I thought most hopeful was 'Uninstalling and reinstalling the Camera app'...that didn't work either :(

    If you (or anyone else) have any other thoughts or suggestions, I am more than willing to give it/them a try!

    I do appreciate your time ~

    Polo...

    ...I do have 2 computers and thought to Reset my Surface, to Fully Clean the Drive...but am concerned that the same issue will continue after a reset of that depth, as I heard/read that that type of reset keeps the previously installed drivers, etc, instead of returning it to its original factory state?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-04T18:25:32+00:00

    I am running W10 on a Surface Pro (5th Gen). My Camera's driver is an Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 (30.15063.6.8611 - 12/3/2018) and Device Status: This device is working properly. My problem is my Microsoft Cameras, Front, IR Front and Rear (30.15063.6.8611 - 12/3/2018), all saying: This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. When trying to load my camera I get the error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached> ~ I've researched online, went thru the tutorials, uninstalled/reinstalled...and still get the same results: error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>...suggestions?

    Sorry...still looking for a fix to my camera problems!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-07T18:30:24+00:00

    I guess no one has any other suggestions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments