Camera Problems

Anonymous
2021-01-01T06:31:53+00:00

I am running W10 on a Surface Pro (5th Gen). My Camera's driver is an Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 (30.15063.6.8611 - 12/3/2018) and Device Status: This device is working properly. My problem is my Microsoft Cameras, Front, IR Front and Rear (30.15063.6.8611

  • 12/3/2018), all saying: This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. When trying to load my camera I get the error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached> ~ I've researched online, went thru the tutorials, uninstalled/reinstalled...and still get the same results: error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>...suggestions?
Surface | Surface Pro | Sound and camera

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-12T12:06:19+00:00

    Hi,

    My Book 2 does not work correctly again.

    My problem is Microsoft Cameras, Front, IR Front and Rear:  "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

    Should I install another camera or an external device?

    I have seen the answers and none convinced me.

    It will be easier to install an external feature than to try to solve what looks like a major failure of Microsoft.

    This Book is quite unstable and I have had already many trouble with it.

    This issue is one of a long list.

    Thanks for your help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-12T10:59:26+00:00

    Hi,

    I need a simple solution.

    This is too complex for me.

    Should I change my PC?

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Barb Bowman 80,820 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-03-06T12:44:54+00:00

    Have you done a complete wipe and reimage yet? Back up files stored on your Surface before you do this.

    Go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surfacerecoveryimage  

    (with a different Windows computer if yours is not working properly) 

    and download a recovery image for your Surface. You will need a 16GB or 32GB USB stick (also called a flash drive) formatted FAT32 (use a Windows computer).  You can't use an actual external USB hard drive for this. Best to purchase and use a new, previously unused USB stick for this. Use FULL format and not quick format and give the volume a name like surfboot. Unzip/extract the recovery zip to the root of the formatted USB stick and then:

    There are full instructions and a video at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023512/surface-creating-and-using-a-usb-recovery-drive#download but below are quick instructions.

    1. Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in, and then insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port.
    2. Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the power button.
    3. When the Microsoft or Surface logo appears, release the volume-down button.
    4. When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    5. Select Troubleshoot , and then select Recover from a drive . If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the screen.
      Note:
      Be sure to select the Troubleshoot option on this screen. Don’t select the Use a device option. If you select the Use a device option, your Surface will reboot from the USB recovery drive again and the reset process will start over.
    6. Choose Fully clean the drive.
    7. Select Recover.
      Surface restarts and displays the Surface logo while the reset process continues. This can take several minutes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-06T05:35:12+00:00

    Is it possible to use another "BitLocker recovery key"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-02-28T23:00:01+00:00

    No luck. I've too much work to do at the moment. I have to use an external camera. You can use your phone to to this by the way. Search phone used as webcam. Download an app and give it a try. The last step for me will be reinstalling Windows 10. Sorry nothing to offer you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments