After trying everything else, this solution worked for me. All cameras are now functioning.
K. Wells
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am running W10 on a Surface Pro (5th Gen). My Camera's driver is an Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 (30.15063.6.8611 - 12/3/2018) and Device Status: This device is working properly. My problem is my Microsoft Cameras, Front, IR Front and Rear (30.15063.6.8611
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
After trying everything else, this solution worked for me. All cameras are now functioning.
K. Wells
I do want to thank everyone who responded to my initial post, I did learn a lot...but I finally resorted to downloading all my files, contacting MS Surface Help Desk and installing a 'clean reinstall', one not previously saved in my 'bitlocker' file. Everything is working fine, to include ALL my cameras...thanks again!
Polopeka
OOOOOH, MY GOODNESS! Thanks to this thread, I have solved the problem and my camera is working once again. Below, I will streamline the process. All of this is important:
Have you done a complete wipe and reimage yet? Back up files stored on your Surface before you do this.
Go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/surfacerecoveryimage
(with a different Windows computer if yours is not working properly)
and download a recovery image for your Surface. You will need a 16GB or 32GB USB stick (also called a flash drive) formatted FAT32 (use a Windows computer). You can't use an actual external USB hard drive for this. Best to purchase and use a new, previously unused USB stick for this. Use FULL format and not quick format and give the volume a name like surfboot. Unzip/extract the recovery zip to the root of the formatted USB stick and then:
There are full instructions and a video at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023512/surface-creating-and-using-a-usb-recovery-drive#download but below are quick instructions.
- Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in, and then insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port.
- Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the power button.
- When the Microsoft or Surface logo appears, release the volume-down button.
- When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
- Select Troubleshoot , and then select Recover from a drive . If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the screen.
Note:
Be sure to select the Troubleshoot option on this screen. Don’t select the Use a device option. If you select the Use a device option, your Surface will reboot from the USB recovery drive again and the reset process will start over.- Choose Fully clean the drive.
- Select Recover.
Surface restarts and displays the Surface logo while the reset process continues. This can take several minutes.
Barb,
The procedure did not give me a Recover from a Drive option, nor fully clean the drive option.
I reset the machine but the cameras do still cannot be found. Error code: 0xA00F4244, No Cameras are attached.
Kevin
I have the same problem.
Can you help me out please, because am not good at English, I cant do the follow step.
Hope you can show me by picture or file or something.
Thank you!