same issue here. I have a 400mbps connection on the iPad and about 49mbps on the surface laptop. Anyone having the same problem with surface laptop 2?
Surface Laptop very slow wireless connection
Just bought a Surface laptop. windows and drivers are all updated. when i put it next to my lenovo thinkpad and connect to same wifi, i am getting 1/3 of the speed. I did multiple tests with same results. I searched all over the web to find an answer but nothing came up like mine.
processor :i7-7660U CPU @ 2.50 ghz
memory :16 ram
os: windows 10 pro 1709 (os build 16299.309)
Surface | Surface Laptop | Network
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2019-03-28T19:52:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-03-28T22:19:00+00:00 So, I had a similar issue with a my Surface Pro 5. In my case, it would only happen when running on battery; with the power cord connected speeds would be over 100MBPs.
It was a battery configuration:
To start, open Control Panel then open Power Options; now you have to click on Change plan settingsright in front of "Balanced (recommended)" - below " Plans shown on the battery meter - after that click on Change advanced power settings now all you need is to find (Wireless Adapter Settings => Power Saving Mode => On battery) and change On battery to Maximum Performance. That's all.
To finish hit the "OK" button and restart (I am copying it from another post, not sure how to give credit).
In my case I could not find the option for Wireless adapter, so I had to "unlock it" I follow instructions from here:
https://surfacetip.com/how-to-unlock-power-plans-on-surface-devices/
It all worked after restarting the device.
-
Anonymous
2019-04-04T13:49:35+00:00 same issue here. I have a 400mbps connection on the iPad and about 49mbps on the surface laptop. Anyone having the same problem with surface laptop 2?
Does anyone from Microsoft monitor this site? There are a number of people having this issue.
-
Anonymous
2019-04-04T15:00:51+00:00 same issue here. I have a 400mbps connection on the iPad and about 49mbps on the surface laptop. Anyone having the same problem with surface laptop 2?
Does anyone from Microsoft monitor this site? There are a number of people having this issue.
I don't think anyone from Microsoft cares.
I have just given up on it and using my Surface Laptop as a desktop with a physical cable plugged in. Kinda sad...
-
Anonymous
2019-04-04T15:24:41+00:00 Does anyone from Microsoft monitor this site? There are a number of people having this issue.
Nobody seems to be taking responsibility from Microsoft. A search for 'wi-fi issues Surface' throws up thread after thread after thread not just here but on other sites going back years, and there's not a single solution or bug fix or anything.
Either they don't monitor, or can't figure it out, or more likely - they know the issue is down to a crap component that doesn't work as it should.
Hopefully they'll want to prove us wrong and actually fix a common issue on a 'premium' laptop RANGE - not just a single type, but a full range of laptops under the Surface banner.