Surface Laptop very slow wireless connection

Anonymous
2018-03-17T11:05:26+00:00

Just bought a Surface laptop. windows and drivers are all updated. when i put it next to my lenovo thinkpad and connect to same wifi, i am getting 1/3 of the speed. I did multiple tests with same results. I searched all over the web to find an answer but nothing came up like mine.

processor :i7-7660U CPU @ 2.50 ghz

memory :16 ram

os: windows 10 pro 1709 (os build  16299.309)

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-01-18T23:25:09+00:00

    I have a Surface Pro 4 and a Pro 6. After turning off Bluetooth my Upload speed increased by 3X on both Surfaces. Not using Bluetooth is not an acceptable option. Has someone provided an answer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-02-07T19:50:56+00:00

    I have a Surface Pro 4 and a Pro 6. After turning off Bluetooth my Upload speed increased by 3X on both Surfaces. Not using Bluetooth is not an acceptable option. Has someone provided an answer?

    Having the same issue as all above. Disabling/re-enabling the marvell avastar device fixed the issue temporarily, as did shutting off bluetooth. Nothing else seems to work. Other computers/phones on the same network show higher connection speed.

    Microsoft? Anyone? Seems this is a common issue effecting 1st gen surface laptops.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-02-09T00:28:31+00:00

    I too am experiencing the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-02-09T14:50:29+00:00

    I would hope MS would respond. IT is obvious this is a legitimate problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-03-01T08:28:26+00:00

    Exactly same issue with my Surface Laptop . Another Dell laptop on same connection gets 200mbps , while mine is 20-40mbps . With or without bluetooth

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments