Surface Laptop very slow wireless connection

Anonymous
2018-03-17T11:05:26+00:00

Just bought a Surface laptop. windows and drivers are all updated. when i put it next to my lenovo thinkpad and connect to same wifi, i am getting 1/3 of the speed. I did multiple tests with same results. I searched all over the web to find an answer but nothing came up like mine.

processor :i7-7660U CPU @ 2.50 ghz

memory :16 ram

os: windows 10 pro 1709 (os build  16299.309)

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-23T16:22:30+00:00

    I have the same issue. I've also tested the network speed on both surface laptop and Thinkpad, and it showed the speed of the latter is twice or even 3 times faster than that of surface. So what's the final solution for this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T15:35:40+00:00

    will look into that tonight when I get home

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2018-06-14T10:25:16+00:00

    I'd be curious on results if you went to http://speedtest.xfinity.com/ and

    selected Advanced and ran IPV6 and then IPV4 tests.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-13T22:23:20+00:00

    I have wifi-routers I tested with - Netgear Nighthawk X6 and the latest Xfiniti Router giving me 1Gb speed.

    On my phone and other laptop I get double the speed than what I get on my Surface Laptop (16Gb Core I7) or Surface (16Gb coreI7).

    Will run some more tests / different router or driver settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2018-06-13T17:05:22+00:00

    Interesting. Shouldn't need to change that setting. What router do you have and

    do you have issues at someone else's home or at a location with a different

    router?

    >Performance was even slower until I changed the driver setting for WMM-PS to high performance

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments