Surface Laptop very slow wireless connection

Anonymous
2018-03-17T11:05:26+00:00

Just bought a Surface laptop. windows and drivers are all updated. when i put it next to my lenovo thinkpad and connect to same wifi, i am getting 1/3 of the speed. I did multiple tests with same results. I searched all over the web to find an answer but nothing came up like mine.

processor :i7-7660U CPU @ 2.50 ghz

memory :16 ram

os: windows 10 pro 1709 (os build  16299.309)

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-03-28T22:19:00+00:00

    So, I had a similar issue with a my Surface Pro 5. In my case, it would only happen when running on battery; with the power cord connected speeds would be over 100MBPs.

    It was a battery configuration: 

    To start, open Control Panel then open Power Options; now you have to click on Change plan settingsright in front of "Balanced (recommended)" - below " Plans shown on the battery meter - after that click on Change advanced power settings now all you need is to find (Wireless Adapter Settings => Power Saving Mode => On battery) and change On battery to Maximum Performance. That's all.

    To finish hit the "OK" button and restart (I am copying it from another post, not sure how to give credit).

    In my case I could not find the option for Wireless adapter, so I had to "unlock it" I follow instructions from here:

    https://surfacetip.com/how-to-unlock-power-plans-on-surface-devices/ 

    It all worked after restarting the device.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-03-28T19:52:11+00:00

    same issue here. I have a 400mbps connection on the iPad and about 49mbps on the surface laptop. Anyone having the same problem with surface laptop 2?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-03-01T08:28:26+00:00

    Exactly same issue with my Surface Laptop . Another Dell laptop on same connection gets 200mbps , while mine is 20-40mbps . With or without bluetooth

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-02-09T14:50:29+00:00

    I would hope MS would respond. IT is obvious this is a legitimate problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-02-09T00:28:31+00:00

    I too am experiencing the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments