Surface Laptop very slow wireless connection

Anonymous
2018-03-17T11:05:26+00:00

Just bought a Surface laptop. windows and drivers are all updated. when i put it next to my lenovo thinkpad and connect to same wifi, i am getting 1/3 of the speed. I did multiple tests with same results. I searched all over the web to find an answer but nothing came up like mine.

processor :i7-7660U CPU @ 2.50 ghz

memory :16 ram

os: windows 10 pro 1709 (os build  16299.309)

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-20T23:33:25+00:00

    I started having this problem about a few weeks ago. Nothing I do seems to help. Really frustrating. The speed is like 0kbps and then spikes to 10mbps for 1 second, then followed by about 3 seconds of very slow or 0kbps speed again. What the hell is going on?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-02T23:49:27+00:00

    This is a ridiculous answer. I have the same problem. It happens when the Lenovo is on or not. How unhelpful can you be?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-13T16:04:11+00:00

    Try turning off Bluetooth.  I was having the same issue and this solved the problem.  Download speeds went from 3mb to 40mb

    Wow yeah, I just turned bluetooth off and then on again and now everything's zooming.  I was at 1 (ONE) mbps this morning trying to sort this issue out and now I'm at almost 200.  Wow.

    Edit:  Nevermind.  It worked for a bit, then a restart kicked it back to being slow and doing bluetooth off/on again didn't give me the same result as before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-14T13:56:49+00:00

    I had the same issue. Tested all possible locations with Surface Laptop 2 and Samsung Galaxy S8 and found huge differences in speed. The solution for me was to switch to the 5Ghz connection that my router provides. On the very same spot my connection speed increased by a factor of 10 on the surface Laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments