Bummerrrrrrr
Surface Laptop very slow wireless connection
Just bought a Surface laptop. windows and drivers are all updated. when i put it next to my lenovo thinkpad and connect to same wifi, i am getting 1/3 of the speed. I did multiple tests with same results. I searched all over the web to find an answer but nothing came up like mine.
processor :i7-7660U CPU @ 2.50 ghz
memory :16 ram
os: windows 10 pro 1709 (os build 16299.309)
Surface | Surface Laptop | Network
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-08-14T04:56:23+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-08-14T04:09:48+00:00 I just reinstall the network driver. After that, the speed can be improve within some time. But it will still become slow several days later. I don't have any other way, but to reinstall it again.
-
Anonymous
2018-08-14T03:24:33+00:00 I have the same issue. I've also tested the network speed on both surface laptop and Thinkpad, and it showed the speed of the latter is twice or even 3 times faster than that of surface. So what's the final solution for this issue?
Were you able to get this resolved? We just bought a Surface Laptop and we're having issues with the wifi as well, we've tried in the wifi at home, cafes, at uni, and nothing. It connects and then just drops.
-
Anonymous
2018-06-23T16:22:30+00:00 I have the same issue. I've also tested the network speed on both surface laptop and Thinkpad, and it showed the speed of the latter is twice or even 3 times faster than that of surface. So what's the final solution for this issue?
-
Anonymous
2018-06-14T15:35:40+00:00 will look into that tonight when I get home