I'd be curious on results if you went to http://speedtest.xfinity.com/ and
selected Advanced and ran IPV6 and then IPV4 tests.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Just bought a Surface laptop. windows and drivers are all updated. when i put it next to my lenovo thinkpad and connect to same wifi, i am getting 1/3 of the speed. I did multiple tests with same results. I searched all over the web to find an answer but nothing came up like mine.
processor :i7-7660U CPU @ 2.50 ghz
memory :16 ram
os: windows 10 pro 1709 (os build 16299.309)
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'd be curious on results if you went to http://speedtest.xfinity.com/ and
selected Advanced and ran IPV6 and then IPV4 tests.
I have wifi-routers I tested with - Netgear Nighthawk X6 and the latest Xfiniti Router giving me 1Gb speed.
On my phone and other laptop I get double the speed than what I get on my Surface Laptop (16Gb Core I7) or Surface (16Gb coreI7).
Will run some more tests / different router or driver settings.
Interesting. Shouldn't need to change that setting. What router do you have and
do you have issues at someone else's home or at a location with a different
router?
>Performance was even slower until I changed the driver setting for WMM-PS to high performance
I am having a similar experience - using speedtest.net I get a download speed of over 300Mbit on my cellphone (connected to the wifi), and the Surface laptop going at maximum 160Mbit on the same wifi, same distance to the router. Other devices also run at over 300Mbit.
Performance was even slower until I changed the driver setting for WMM-PS to high performance.
do you have the same issue on other wireless networks outside your home? what is
the brand and model of your router?
>What seems to be partially working is going only with 5ghz and getting rid of 2.4 ghz. It is still 60% of my other pc (and very variable) but at least somewhat usable.