Surface Dock not putting monitor to sleep

Anonymous
2016-05-11T01:50:28+00:00

Hi Everyone,

I have a new Surface Pro 4 with a Microsoft Dock and an Asus 28" Monitor for my GM. The problem I have is that when I shut down the Surface, the Dock seems to continue to provide power to the Monitor and the monitor doesn't go into standby mode. When I unplug the monitor cable from the dock it goes into standby but the moment I plug the cable (Display Port) back in the monitor powers up and says it can't detect the display port.

I have all current Microsoft updates so nothing recent has helped with this. Any thoughts?

Olin

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-04-03T14:35:48+00:00

Ok, I am replying to my post about this because I have fixed my issue.

The way I fixed it was buying an ACTIVE mDP to HDMI adapter (one that supports 4K @ 60Hz) and using that with my monitor.  I have had no luck using the direct mDP to full DP cable.

Thanks for sharing, this solved my issue as well.  Monitor sleeps like a baby now.

For reference here are the adapter and cable I'm using:

Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJ3LSIG/ref=oh\_aui\_detailpage\_o00\_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HDMI Cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014I8SIJY/ref=oh\_aui\_detailpage\_o00\_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-08T17:02:55+00:00

    How long will it take until MS address this?

    Sigh.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-02-26T15:37:06+00:00

    I'm seeing the same issue. I'm using a LG 27UD68 connected to the dock, and one directly connected to the display port. The directly connected monitor works fine. The one connected to the dock fails to properly sleep. This very much seems like a hardware/firmware issue with the dock. I really have a hard time understanding why a piece of premium hardware like this was released with such severe power management issues in 2015/16.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-02-27T00:35:15+00:00

    Hi Daniel,

    For the best experience with your Surface Dock, we suggest that you update your device by using Microsoft Surface Dock Updater. Please get back to us with the results.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-03-15T16:41:39+00:00

    Hi Daniel,

    For the best experience with your Surface Dock, we suggest that you update your device by using Microsoft Surface Dock Updater. Please get back to us with the results.

    Regards.

    Emmylou, I'm having the same issue Daniel_sv and the other posters on this thread are reporting (I have the LG 27UD58).  My surface dock is also updated to the latest firmware.  How do we get this resolved??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments