Surface Dock not putting monitor to sleep

Anonymous
2016-05-11T01:50:28+00:00

Hi Everyone,

I have a new Surface Pro 4 with a Microsoft Dock and an Asus 28" Monitor for my GM. The problem I have is that when I shut down the Surface, the Dock seems to continue to provide power to the Monitor and the monitor doesn't go into standby mode. When I unplug the monitor cable from the dock it goes into standby but the moment I plug the cable (Display Port) back in the monitor powers up and says it can't detect the display port.

I have all current Microsoft updates so nothing recent has helped with this. Any thoughts?

Olin

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-04-03T14:35:48+00:00

Ok, I am replying to my post about this because I have fixed my issue.

The way I fixed it was buying an ACTIVE mDP to HDMI adapter (one that supports 4K @ 60Hz) and using that with my monitor.  I have had no luck using the direct mDP to full DP cable.

Thanks for sharing, this solved my issue as well.  Monitor sleeps like a baby now.

For reference here are the adapter and cable I'm using:

Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJ3LSIG/ref=oh\_aui\_detailpage\_o00\_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HDMI Cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014I8SIJY/ref=oh\_aui\_detailpage\_o00\_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-11T23:51:06+00:00

    Hello OlinSaxon,

    Thank you for reaching out to the Surface community. Sorry to hear you are having an issue with you monitor and your Surface Dock. Please follow the troubleshooting information provided in this link for additional information.

    Please reply with your results of all the troubleshooting if you need additional assistance.

    Best Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-13T02:07:38+00:00

    I don't know why but I needed to add myself again in order to reply to my own thread even though I was signed in.

    From your list.

    Update your Surface Dock - Done, has current firmware.

    Cheers,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-04T18:40:27+00:00

    I have an HP 27es monitor, I experience the same issues when the surface is connected and disconnected.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-07T17:33:28+00:00

    Hello OlinSaxonSPX,

    Thank you for the detailed update. If you have completed all available troubleshooting, you will need to contact Assisted Support for more options at this point. Hope this helps.

    Best Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments