Surface Dock not putting monitor to sleep

Anonymous
2016-05-11T01:50:28+00:00

Hi Everyone,

I have a new Surface Pro 4 with a Microsoft Dock and an Asus 28" Monitor for my GM. The problem I have is that when I shut down the Surface, the Dock seems to continue to provide power to the Monitor and the monitor doesn't go into standby mode. When I unplug the monitor cable from the dock it goes into standby but the moment I plug the cable (Display Port) back in the monitor powers up and says it can't detect the display port.

I have all current Microsoft updates so nothing recent has helped with this. Any thoughts?

Olin

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-04-03T14:35:48+00:00

Ok, I am replying to my post about this because I have fixed my issue.

The way I fixed it was buying an ACTIVE mDP to HDMI adapter (one that supports 4K @ 60Hz) and using that with my monitor.  I have had no luck using the direct mDP to full DP cable.

Thanks for sharing, this solved my issue as well.  Monitor sleeps like a baby now.

For reference here are the adapter and cable I'm using:

Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJ3LSIG/ref=oh\_aui\_detailpage\_o00\_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HDMI Cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014I8SIJY/ref=oh\_aui\_detailpage\_o00\_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-03-31T14:40:20+00:00

    Ummm.... It's still working for me.

    The only thing I remember doing, other than installing build 15063, that could potentially affect this issue, was uninstalling f.lux and enabling Night Mode. Do you happen to use f.lux?

    Cheers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-03-31T14:30:15+00:00

    I installed build 15063 as well yesterday, and unfortunately it did not solve my issue.  No change at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-03-31T10:48:04+00:00

    Not sure if this is related...

    Win 10 14393 (AU) ->15063 (CU) Upgrade - Surface Pro 3 has much worse graphic performance now :(

    Just noticed the max resolution and refresh rate has changed on mine as well.

    Cheers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-03-30T16:36:42+00:00

    Interesting!  I will try this tonight or tomorrow and report back.  I was fairly certain this was a FW issue with the dock.  I wonder if the Creators Update also comes with dock firmware, or if it's been an issue with the Surface Book or a Windows Driver all along.

    Interestingly enough, I tried connecting my Surface Pro 3 to the dock yesterday evening and the issue happens even with the SP3.  It's not running the Creators Update either though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments