Surface Dock not putting monitor to sleep

Anonymous
2016-05-11T01:50:28+00:00

Hi Everyone,

I have a new Surface Pro 4 with a Microsoft Dock and an Asus 28" Monitor for my GM. The problem I have is that when I shut down the Surface, the Dock seems to continue to provide power to the Monitor and the monitor doesn't go into standby mode. When I unplug the monitor cable from the dock it goes into standby but the moment I plug the cable (Display Port) back in the monitor powers up and says it can't detect the display port.

I have all current Microsoft updates so nothing recent has helped with this. Any thoughts?

Olin

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-04-03T14:35:48+00:00

Ok, I am replying to my post about this because I have fixed my issue.

The way I fixed it was buying an ACTIVE mDP to HDMI adapter (one that supports 4K @ 60Hz) and using that with my monitor.  I have had no luck using the direct mDP to full DP cable.

Thanks for sharing, this solved my issue as well.  Monitor sleeps like a baby now.

For reference here are the adapter and cable I'm using:

Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJ3LSIG/ref=oh\_aui\_detailpage\_o00\_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HDMI Cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014I8SIJY/ref=oh\_aui\_detailpage\_o00\_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-11-11T05:58:50+00:00

    Hi Lo,

    Have you tried running the latest updates for your Surface Dock? If not yet, we suggest that you update the Surface Dock while your Surface device is connected to help resolve the issue. You can update your Surface Dock using the Microsoft Surface Dock Updater.

    Let us know how it goes.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-10T15:27:09+00:00

    Did you find any resolution? Am having the same problem with a new monitor.

    It used to be okay with the previous one, and both are connected using direct DP without converters.

    But using a converter is not an option for me as only DP can handle the required resolution and refresh rate.

    Cheers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-08-20T11:53:17+00:00

    That's interesting/good to know. I'm using a mini-dp to hdmi cable. 

    I can try the mini-dp adapter to hdmi with an hdmi cable, and see how that goes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-08-20T08:39:01+00:00

    I have the same problem with a Samsung LU24E85KRS. It is connected with a Mini-DP to DP cable.

    Another (old) Samsung monitor connected to the same dock using a Mini-DP to DVI adapter and a DVI cable goes to standby gracefully.

    So it seems to be a problem with the DisplayPort implementation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments