Surface Pro 8 crashed during MS Teams and Zoom meetings

Anonymous
2022-06-29T19:33:07+00:00

Purchased new Surface Pro 8 from MS Store this April, exactly two months ago. Very frustrating as virtual meetings were the primary task that I bought this device in the first place. Have updated all drivers, searched online for fixes, and have a support ticket registered this AM. So far, no answers. Am back to using an old Mac Air for the meetings.

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-12T12:51:04+00:00

    Actually i've been told that it is a software incompatibility with windows 11.. Once they get that sorted out it will be ok, however, i do not have the time to wait.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-17T23:49:36+00:00

    I'm having the same issue with a brand new Surface 7 and have been since I got it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-02T07:11:49+00:00

    I have the same issue with a Surface Pro 8 running Windows 11 Home. AFter 2 service tickets and replacing / updating all drivers it still crashes - Blue screen with the frown face.

    Support first told me it was a camera issue, driver or hardware.

    I even swapped the device out and received a refurbished device. Still crashes on the new device.

    Microsoft, is there a solution to this issue in our future?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-25T00:45:55+00:00

    I'm having the same issue. It is shut down on me twice during zoom calls with clients and one string and interview. This is completely unacceptable. I use this computer for work and need to be able to rely that if I am on a zoom call it will operate appropriately. If I do not have a response in the next week, I will likely reach out directly to Microsoft to return my computer. I have taken some of the actions suggested in the Microsoft community chat. Hopefully that will solve the problem but if not I expect someone from Microsoft to reach directly out to me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments