Surface Pro 8 crashed during MS Teams and Zoom meetings

Anonymous
2022-06-29T19:33:07+00:00

Purchased new Surface Pro 8 from MS Store this April, exactly two months ago. Very frustrating as virtual meetings were the primary task that I bought this device in the first place. Have updated all drivers, searched online for fixes, and have a support ticket registered this AM. So far, no answers. Am back to using an old Mac Air for the meetings.

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-18T22:52:17+00:00

    Hi Rfwalk, can you provide those instructions that you followed regarding resetting everything in the startup menu? Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-16T13:31:38+00:00

    I follow the instructions that somebody else had provided relating to resetting everything in the startup menu and that has seemed to work for now but I will hold on to this in case it happens again. Thanks for your suggestion.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-13T19:03:32+00:00

    Hi all, I changed the video rendering method in Zoom according to this article (sorry for all the annoying popups) and it hasn't crashed since.

    Mine is Surface Pro 7 with Windows 11 and was crashing in Zoom any time someone screen shared.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-13T18:39:23+00:00

    I am also having this issue. Brand new Surface Pro 7. Zoom and Google Meets crashes the computer at least 1x time. It is almost unusable now because I don't know when I am going to be booted from meetings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-11T16:31:56+00:00

    Hello,

    I am experiencing these same issues, though I have not seen any responses from the moderator on this thread in quite some time. When using my Microsoft Surface Pro 8 for Zoom meetings, if I have any additional windows open or programs running, my Surface fan first starts running extremely fast before the Surface goes to the blue screen and crashes.

    Please advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments