Have any of you guys experienced the trackpad having about a 1-2 second delay before becoming responsive again after typing? I have a feeling it is a bug in the algorithm for palm check, which just disables the trackpad for WAY too long while typing, so for those who try to move the mouse within a second or two after finishing typing, it still has the trackpad disabled. I find this extremely annoying and I never had this issue (with palmcheck working beautifully) on my MacBook Air.
Also I attempted to play a game on the surface book that requires you to press keys to move a character, while turning said character with the input from the mouse. Since pressing a key disables the trackpad, this literally disables you from moving the character in the game with the trackpad while also moving forward. Only time it works is if you already have your finger on the trackpad moving it before pressing a key. This isn't a deal breaker because I can connect a mouse to play, but the typing and then trying to move the mouse is killer.
To reproduce: Just type into some text box (let it be word, or the reply box right here) and then right away try to move the cursor. If you're within a second or so of typing, the mouse wont move.
Besides that issue, I have a few other problems with the trackpad:
- Thumb detection not working well - as in cannot scroll with two fingers while thumb is resting on trackpad. If I move my thumb and rest it much more "sideways" so more of the thumb is touching the trackpad, it does detect it and I am able to scroll again while resting it. Just wanted to tell you microsoft that not all people rest their thumbs the same, but the algorithm should take care of detecting that too.
- CLICKING AND DRAGGING!! This fails sooo many times. The trackpad will just let go of the object you are dragging or attempting to select. I have a feeling this has much to do with the thumb detection from above. This is possibly the biggest failure of the trackpad.
- Two finger scrolling is a massive hit or miss. Sometimes it'll detect both of my fingers, and sometimes they're too close together or too far to get detected.
Has anyone experienced any of the above?