Welp, I just found this:
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-trackpad-lag-when-scrolling-surface-book
Pretty easy fix. Turn off two finger pinch to zoom. Doesn't change the big picture for me, but I thought I'd let others know.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'll start off by stating I'm used to a Macbook Pro when it comes to the trackpad, do I may be a little biased. However, when using the trackpad, I'm specifically having a problem when using two finger scrolling. It seems to have about a one second (maybe half second) delay when I start to try and scroll a web-page. Basically, if I start with two fingers at the top of the trackpad and swipe down to scroll, the screen doesn't start scrolling until my fingers are halfway down the trackpad. Sometimes it struggles to recognize that I'm trying to scroll at all, and I have to swipe several times on the screen.
This issue doesn't happen in the settings screen, or when scrolling through the start menu. However, it does happen when in both Edge and Chrome, and also even happens in Windows Explorer, scrolling through a big directory.
I've turned off the pointer delay (and I keep accidentally tapping it), so I know it's not that. Just using it as a pointer doesn't seem to have any delay, and using touch to scroll has no delay at all. I've tried other settings like increasing the lines scrolled to 15, and that doesn't make it smoother or more response, just makes it scroll further and it seems even more jerky.
Anyone else see this? More importantly, any one have ideas on how to fix this? Yes, I've installed all available updates.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Welp, I just found this:
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-trackpad-lag-when-scrolling-surface-book
Pretty easy fix. Turn off two finger pinch to zoom. Doesn't change the big picture for me, but I thought I'd let others know.
I've tried disabling two fingered zoom....doesn't help. I've also found that adjusting the scrolling speed doesn't affect Edge, but does Chrome and Firefox. The unresponsive or lagging issue affects everything.
I've installed the Oct 30 driver package but the same problems remain. Two more weeks without a fix and it goes back.
This seems to have fixed the problem for me.
This fix does not work for me. :-(
Every now and then, I turn on my Book (i5 no dGPU) and the trackpad isn't working. I can restart it and it's fine, or I can remove and reattach the screen and it's fine. Still not happy either way. Any suggestions?