Hi cmkc109,
Thanks for bringing this question to us.
You might find our support article, Touchpad use and settingshelpful.
Kind regards,
Clare
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'll start off by stating I'm used to a Macbook Pro when it comes to the trackpad, do I may be a little biased. However, when using the trackpad, I'm specifically having a problem when using two finger scrolling. It seems to have about a one second (maybe half second) delay when I start to try and scroll a web-page. Basically, if I start with two fingers at the top of the trackpad and swipe down to scroll, the screen doesn't start scrolling until my fingers are halfway down the trackpad. Sometimes it struggles to recognize that I'm trying to scroll at all, and I have to swipe several times on the screen.
This issue doesn't happen in the settings screen, or when scrolling through the start menu. However, it does happen when in both Edge and Chrome, and also even happens in Windows Explorer, scrolling through a big directory.
I've turned off the pointer delay (and I keep accidentally tapping it), so I know it's not that. Just using it as a pointer doesn't seem to have any delay, and using touch to scroll has no delay at all. I've tried other settings like increasing the lines scrolled to 15, and that doesn't make it smoother or more response, just makes it scroll further and it seems even more jerky.
Anyone else see this? More importantly, any one have ideas on how to fix this? Yes, I've installed all available updates.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi cmkc109,
Thanks for bringing this question to us.
You might find our support article, Touchpad use and settingshelpful.
Kind regards,
Clare
How to increase surfarce book tackpad sensitivity?
I am switching from a mac to surface book and I found the sensitivity of the surface book trackpad is low. I have increased the pointer speed and cursor speed but nothing has changed.
I'd like to update on the trackpad delay: Thanks to SimonOrJ (give him a thanks) I've found that microsoft now includes a setting to change the delay on trackpad usage after typing. I think this is new (or I might have totally been blind) because I looked for it before, but didn't find it. Under trackpad settings there is a dropdown menu for changing the delay length after typing. This is a great addition and lots of thank you microsoft for listening to our concerns.
I must say, however, that disabling it isn't the best solution because now we basically eliminate palmcheck, but it does fix the lag. It would be fantastic if you guys could release a more advanced palm checking algorithm that actually detects accidental taps and ignores it instead of just disabling the trackpad for a certain amount of time. This algorithm is more difficult to implement I understand, but a better solution to stop accidental taps while typing and also eliminate the delay after typing.
I too have come over from a MacBook Pro and have to say I am loving both Windows 10 and the new Surface Book, albeit being a gen 1 product, there are some issues with it. The issue on delay you are seeing with the Trackpad I honestly am not seeing but I do find what bugs me the most about the trackpad is the true left and right side of that Windows uses verse what us Mac guys don't have to deal with. Wondering if you have other drivers installed that are conflicting with the trackpad?
If that doesn't fix the problem, insist on swapping for a new machine. See if they have any other Surface Books on the floor and check them out for the problem. I have the same machine that you have and I do NOT have that problem.