Mine works exceptionally well. Key settings for me are this:
Multiple lines at a time: 7 lines
Short Delay
Cursor speed 7
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'll start off by stating I'm used to a Macbook Pro when it comes to the trackpad, do I may be a little biased. However, when using the trackpad, I'm specifically having a problem when using two finger scrolling. It seems to have about a one second (maybe half second) delay when I start to try and scroll a web-page. Basically, if I start with two fingers at the top of the trackpad and swipe down to scroll, the screen doesn't start scrolling until my fingers are halfway down the trackpad. Sometimes it struggles to recognize that I'm trying to scroll at all, and I have to swipe several times on the screen.
This issue doesn't happen in the settings screen, or when scrolling through the start menu. However, it does happen when in both Edge and Chrome, and also even happens in Windows Explorer, scrolling through a big directory.
I've turned off the pointer delay (and I keep accidentally tapping it), so I know it's not that. Just using it as a pointer doesn't seem to have any delay, and using touch to scroll has no delay at all. I've tried other settings like increasing the lines scrolled to 15, and that doesn't make it smoother or more response, just makes it scroll further and it seems even more jerky.
Anyone else see this? More importantly, any one have ideas on how to fix this? Yes, I've installed all available updates.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Mine works exceptionally well. Key settings for me are this:
Multiple lines at a time: 7 lines
Short Delay
Cursor speed 7
Got a new Surface book, encountering several problems...
One of which is that when waking from sleep, my trackpad will not respond. Keyboard will continue to work, but no trackpad. Looked in device manager, and it was nowhere to be found.
Able to fix it by detaching screen and reattaching or by rebooting (sometimes doesn't work).
I just read your post and would agree that my Surface Book i7/256 trackpad is behaving the same way with default settings.