How do I access M365 account if I am the only company admin and have lost my phone, therefore can not access the MFA code ???

Christopher Perkins 20 Reputation points
2025-03-11T09:43:57.47+00:00

I recently lost my mobile phone and therefore can not access my MFA code via authenticator and now locked out of my accounts.

I am the only admin in the company also and can not arrange to have my account reset.

I have tried calling the hotline numerous times to only be put on hold for up to 1hour and then the call disconnects. this is very frustrating.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

Answer accepted by question author
Raja Pothuraju 47,825 Reputation points Microsoft Employee Moderator
2025-03-11T13:41:53.9033333+00:00

Hello @Christopher Perkins,

Thank you for sharing details over email.

The issue relates to a tenant lockout situation where no other global admin in the tenant has the necessary admin rights to re-register MFA.

To resolve this, we engaged our Data Protection team through a support ticket. Please connect with our support team via the ticket, and they will assist you in resolving the issue.

I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".

Was this answer helpful?


0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.