An Azure service that provides a hybrid, multi-cloud management platform for APIs.
Create Entra External ID tenant via Azure REST API with managed identity
Hello. I'm trying to create external ID tenant in Microsoft Entra using REST API (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/activedirectory/ciam-tenants/create?view=rest-activedirectory-2023-05-17-preview&tabs=HTTP). The endpoint works perfectly fine, when authorizing as an user with Owner role. But it should be a step of my CI/CD pipeline so I'm trying to achieve this with authorizing as managed identity. No success there even when I've assigned the Owner role to the identity. I can't get rid of "You do not have permission to view this directory or page" error (the GET endpoint for retrieving details about existing tenants works okay). Any help appreciated.
Azure API Management
Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | Directory services | Active Directory
Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
A cloud-based identity and access management service for securing user authentication and resource access
Microsoft Security | Microsoft Graph
An API that connects multiple Microsoft services, enabling data access and automation across platforms