Linux server discovery returns SSH Connection error

Alireza Zarif 16 Reputation points
2023-03-06T16:07:03.72+00:00

Hi everyone,

I have this error when I want to discover an Oracle Linux server 8.6:

[Failed during SSH discovery. Exit code: -1073479102

Standard Output:

Standard Error:

Exception Message:An exception (-1073479102) caused the SSH command to fail - Server's host key did not match the signature supplied.]

Is there any solution for this exception?

Regards,

Alireza

System Center Operations Manager
System Center Operations Manager

A family of System Center products that provide infrastructure monitoring, help ensure the predictable performance and availability of vital applications, and offer comprehensive monitoring for datacenters and cloud, both private and public.

0 comments No comments

6 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. XinGuo-MSFT 22,351 Reputation points
    2023-03-07T07:06:24.46+00:00

    Hi,

    For this issue, please reference the guide from Kevin:

    Monitoring UNIX/Linux with SCOM 2022

    https://kevinholman.com/2022/12/12/monitoring-unix-linux-with-scom-2022/

    How to configure sudo elevation and SSH keys

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/manage-security-create-crossplat-sudo-sshkeys?view=sc-om-2022

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Grega Perko 0 Reputation points
    2023-03-07T09:51:29.4766667+00:00

    I have same error when trying to add Oralce Linux 9.2. SSH works from several machines/users, but cannot add to SCOM.

    Error is the same even if I enter wrong discovery credentials.

    Grega

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Grega Perko 0 Reputation points
    2023-03-07T12:11:06.2366667+00:00

    If I run: update-crypto-policies --set DEFAULT:SHA1

    I get this error:

    Failed during SSH discovery. Exit code: -1073479162

    Standard Output:

    Standard Error:

    Exception Message:An exception (-1073479162) caused the SSH command to fail - Server unexpectedly closed network connection

    So something has to be with OpenSSH, Cripto, MAC, ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Alireza Zarif 16 Reputation points
    2023-03-07T17:02:18.06+00:00

    I think maybe we should enable ssh DSA algorithm in these servers but I couldn't find a solution for this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. SChalakov 10,861 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-08T13:54:02.3933333+00:00

    Hi guys,

    did you check this one out:

    SSH discovery trouble (Reddit)

    About the Oracle Linux 9.x version, I would say it is not supported as it is not lsited here:

    Supported UNIX and Linux operating system versions


    (If the reply was helpful please don't forget to upvote and/or accept as answer, thank you)
    Regards
    Stoyan Chalakov

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.