Linux server discovery returns SSH Connection error

Alireza Zarif 16 Reputation points
2023-03-06T16:07:03.72+00:00

Hi everyone,

I have this error when I want to discover an Oracle Linux server 8.6:

[Failed during SSH discovery. Exit code: -1073479102

Standard Output:

Standard Error:

Exception Message:An exception (-1073479102) caused the SSH command to fail - Server's host key did not match the signature supplied.]

Is there any solution for this exception?

Regards,

Alireza

System Center Operations Manager
System Center Operations Manager

A family of System Center products that provide infrastructure monitoring, help ensure the predictable performance and availability of vital applications, and offer comprehensive monitoring for datacenters and cloud, both private and public.

0 comments No comments

6 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Alireza Zarif 16 Reputation points
    2023-06-03T16:33:58.5566667+00:00

    After installing UR4 for SCOM 2019, that error changed to this one:

    Signed certificate verification operation was not successful.

    Which is a common error. In my case, for oracle Linux 8.6, the error did not help at all. I checked agent's log path (/var/opt/omi/log) and found this error:

    SSL: No server certificate found in /etc/opt/omi/ssl/omi.pem. error:140AB18F:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate:ee key too small.

    After some research about this error I found a command which shows the crypto policy configuration on the server:

    update-crypto-policies --show

    This command showed that the crypto policy on the server was FUTURE. So I changed it to DEFAULT and the server discovered without any error.

    update-crypto-policies --set DEFAULT

    Finally, I compared these two policies (FUTURE and DEFAULT) and found that they have a config file named opensslcnf.txt. If we have to keep our policy to FUTURE we can change @SECLEVEL=3 to @SECLEVEL=2 in this file and after that we can discover the server without any problem.

    You can find that file in this path: /usr/share/crypto-policies/FUTURE

    After discovering, you can change that parameter to its default.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.

  2. SChalakov 10,861 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-08T13:54:02.3933333+00:00

    Hi guys,

    did you check this one out:

    SSH discovery trouble (Reddit)

    About the Oracle Linux 9.x version, I would say it is not supported as it is not lsited here:

    Supported UNIX and Linux operating system versions


    (If the reply was helpful please don't forget to upvote and/or accept as answer, thank you)
    Regards
    Stoyan Chalakov

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Alireza Zarif 16 Reputation points
    2023-03-07T17:02:18.06+00:00

    I think maybe we should enable ssh DSA algorithm in these servers but I couldn't find a solution for this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Grega Perko 0 Reputation points
    2023-03-07T12:11:06.2366667+00:00

    If I run: update-crypto-policies --set DEFAULT:SHA1

    I get this error:

    Failed during SSH discovery. Exit code: -1073479162

    Standard Output:

    Standard Error:

    Exception Message:An exception (-1073479162) caused the SSH command to fail - Server unexpectedly closed network connection

    So something has to be with OpenSSH, Cripto, MAC, ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. Grega Perko 0 Reputation points
    2023-03-07T09:51:29.4766667+00:00

    I have same error when trying to add Oralce Linux 9.2. SSH works from several machines/users, but cannot add to SCOM.

    Error is the same even if I enter wrong discovery credentials.

    Grega

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.